I just got back from my first run in two weeks after injuring my already messed-up foot. It was only a three-miler, and I certainly didn’t break any records in the speed department. But it was one of the best runs I’ve taken in a long time because it made me think about how lucky I am. Here’s why:
- I have two strong legs on which I can run, which always lifts my mood.
- My two smart, loving, beautiful children make me proud every day.
- My husband is my best friend, my biggest supporter and the love of my life.
- I have loyal friends whom I love and trust, and they stand by me in good times and bad.
- I was raised by a woman who taught me to be honest and strong and to speak my mind.
- I have a sweet little dog who adores me no matter what.
- I had the gift of a college education, which broadened my vision of the world and made me want to see all of it.
- I see the good in people even when they don’t see it themselves.
- I love with my whole heart, even when it hurts.
- I survive. Always have, always will.
Especially #9 for me. But everything else, I could have written. I’m so happy you had a great run. Nothing like a great anything!
Thanks, Gina. I’m still feeling those endorphins today…or maybe it’s just this gorgeous, sunny day.
Regarding No. 9: I wouldn’t live life any other way.